Monday, July 13, 2015

Healthy Chicken Wraps // Family Meals

Healthy Chicken Wraps

I am on a constant search for meals for my family that are healthy, fulfilling and affordable. I want to make sure that we get the right nutrients that contribute to a balanced diet so I'm really happy when I can pull together a relatively simple meal like this that the whole family (including picky eaters) will enjoy.

Ingredients
Tortillas
Tomatoes
Avocado
Sweetcorn
Lettuce
Carrot
Couscous
Chicken, 400g

Ingredients Healthy Chicken Wraps

Method
You can use pre-marinaded chicken or if you have the time, then you can marinade it yourself the day before. The marinade adds a little extra flavor to the wraps.
Cook the chicken in a non-stick frying pan. Whilst the chicken is cooking you can make the couscous by following the instructions on the packaging. With mine; all you have to do is boil some water and then pour the required amount of couscous into a bowl and cover with the boiling water. Cover the bowl with a plate or lid and leave to stand for about 10 minutes.
Once the chicken is cooked place it in a bowl and cover to keep it warm. Now you can prepare the rest of your ingredients. 
I slice up the tomatoes, avocado and lettuce, grate the raw carrot and use tinned sweetcorn. I usually serve all of the ingredients in little glass bowls so that everyone can choose exactly what they want to put on their wraps. The tortillas that we use only need to be warmed up which I do in a frying pan for about 15 seconds on each side.

Calories: approx. 600 calories per adult serving

I love this meal because it is filling without leaving you with that bloated feeling. Besides the marinade on the chicken there is no sauce used so you are eating hearty, whole foods that are mostly raw so that they retain their nutrients.

Let me know about your favorite wrap recipes
See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment